Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16yKEAhxq

25 March 2010

Carmelized Onion & Prosciutto Pizza

Recipe source: thepioneerwoman.com

I cannot begin to describe the delicious-ness of this pizza.  Please, please, please make this.  This is me begging you to make this pizza for dinner.  I wish I could have you all over to feed you this pizza, but I'm so sad that I can't.  So you'll have to make it!  I would definitely pay to eat this pizza, it is to-die-for good.  Okay, I think I've gone on enough.  Just trust me, this is so, SO good.  I don't know if kiddos would like it, so I just did a plain ol' pepperoni pizza for them.

I'll give you the recipe, but go here for step by step pictures.  I did actually refer to the pictures when I made this today.  Pioneer Woman gives a pizza crust recipe to use for this pizza.  Her crust is supposed to be made at least 24 hours in advance.  I didn't want to do that, so I used a half recipe of my pizza crust (below), and it was still amazing.  I'm sure PW's recipe is great, too, if you remember to make the crust beforehand. 

Also, she says to find prosciutto in the specialty cheese section of the grocery store.  In mine, that section is close to the deli.  That's where I found the fresh mozzarella, but I didn't find prosciutto, so I used pancetta.  Prosciutto is an italian style ham, and pancetta is an italian style bacon.  So if you use prosciutto, you don't have to precook it.  If you use pancetta, chop it in pieces and cook it up like you would bacon, and put it on the pizza in place of the prosciutto. 

Okay, enough chatter.  Here it is:

Pizza Crust
Olive Oil, For Drizzling

1 whole Large Red Onion, Halved And Thinly Sliced
¼ cups Brown Sugar
Kosher Salt To Taste
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
10 ounces, weight Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Thinly Sliced
8 slices Prosciutto (more To Taste)

Preheat oven to 475 degrees.


Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and brown sugar and toss/stir for several minutes, or until onions are brown and cooked. Set aside.

Roll out pizza dough to a rectangular shape.  (I pressed mine into a regular round pizza pan.)  Drizzle on olive oil, sprinkle on a little salt, followed by a little Parmesan.

Lay slices of mozzarella evenly over the top of the crust. Arrange caramelized onions over the top of the mozzarella. Randomly lay slices of prosciutto over the onions.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.  Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on Pioneer Woman's blog, and I so wanted to try it!!! Now I have to try it for sure since you have given it your stamp of approval!!!

    ReplyDelete