Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16yKEAhxq

21 March 2010

The best & easiest pizza dough, no kidding!

Recipe adapted from realmomkitchen.blogspot.com

Seriously, guys.  This has to be the easiest pizza dough out there.  It is my backup meal that I make when there's nothing else to make.  I always make sure I have the stuff for this, because I can throw it together and have it in the oven in about 10 minutes.  The kids love it, and we love it, too.  This dough is thick and doughy, which I love in a pizza crust.  I usually double it so we have two pizzas for our fam.  If you are trying to be calorie conscious, I often halve the dough for a thin crust pizza, and it's still yummy.  I've used this recipe for traditional pizza, chicken alfredo pizza, chicken pesto pizza, barbecue chicken pizza, and we also love veggie pizza. Oh, and you can also use this dough for grilled pizza, if you are into that sort of thing.  I tried grilling pizza last summer, and it was so fun!  I'll put the instructions at the bottom, just in case you want to try it.



3 cups flour, more or less (I know humidity and elevation affect how much flour is necessary. 2 1/2 cups of flour is perfect here, but I'm not sure about anywhere else.)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon garlic salt
I also have a pizza seasoning grinder that I bought in the seasoning aisle at the grocery store, kind of like the pepper grinders.  I do several twists of the grinder, but it tastes great without it, too.

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Mix all pizza dough ingredients together, except the flour. Add flour and knead for a bit then press into pan.  I use a stand mixer to do the kneading; it just takes a minute or two. Top dough with sauce and toppings. Bake 12-15 minutes. Makes 1 large pizza.


To grill pizza:

Make 1 ½ recipes of the dough to make 6 personal sized pizzas that are about 7 inches in diameter. 

Turn your grill on and set it to high for 15 minutes. While the grill heats up, roll out your dough. I rolled it out to about 7 inches in diameter and I'd guess it was around 1/4-1/3 inch thick. Roll out your first piece of dough and brush one side with olive oil. Place oil side down on a piece of aluminum foil and brush the other side. Then top with a piece of foil. Follow this same process with the next piece of dough. You're gonna make a little stack of oiled dough in between foil pieces. The oil keeps the dough from sticking to the foil and grill and adds to the flavor of the crust. I am able to fit 4 of these pizzas on my grill at a time. Now you're ready to grill the dough. So now you turn the grill down to medium. Place the dough on the grill. Just take off the top layer from your stack using the foil and flip it on the grill. Once the dough is all on the grill close the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes. Now, no peaking during the 2 minutes even though you may want to. After the 2 minutes check the dough to see if it's done. The dough will get nice and puffy, about twice the size it was when you put it on there. If not let it go a little bit more. Now you want to have a cookie sheet nearby. Remove the dough from the grill with your tongs and place on the cookie sheet grilled side up. Now you get to top your pizzas however you like. Once topped carefully place the pizzas back on the grill with the aid of your tongs, to cook the underside of the dough. I turned my grill down to low at this point because the underside of crust was cooking faster than the toppings were getting heated. Close the lid again and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is all melted. Remove from the grill using your spatula and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment