Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16yKEAhxq

07 June 2010

Pizza Rolls

Recipe source: sisterscafe.blogspot.com

Another kid-friendly recipe comin' at ya.  All of these recipes have been kid-friendly, but I've loved them, too!  This one is especially good, because it is so flexible.  You can change it up really easily according to your own tastes.

For the kiddos, I used pepperoni and cheese in the rolls.  For mine I did half with turkey pepperoni, ham, olives, and cheese, and half with low-fat cream cheese, shredded chicken (you could use any chicken), artichokes, and cheese.  They were SO good!  I think it would be yummy to do pineapple and ham or maybe barbecue chicken.  Maybe next time!  Also, the recipe says to use a homemade pizza dough (I used this one.), but you could use a thawed loaf of Rhodes dough, too. I love Rhodes!!

My favorite tip for rolling out dough like this is to lightly grease your countertop and rolling pin with crisco.  This makes the dough stick a little and makes it much easier to roll the dough out without it shrinking back on you.  I just stick my hand in a small ziploc and use that as a "glove" to grease with.  Works great!

You can go here to see pictures of the process and of the finished product.  With this recipe, I think it helps to have a visual. :-)  Someday, I would really love to have a good camera and a good lesson on photography.



pizza dough
mozzarella cheese, shredded or cubed
pepperoni, cut into fourths (I used the mini-pepperonis.)
Whatever toppings you'd like to stuff your rolls with!

Roll pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 12 pieces. (One time I made this, I got 12 out of the dough.  Another time, I got 16.)  Layer the toppings in the center of each square of dough; about 2-3 Tb total of toppings on each. Now stretch and fold the dough around the toppings, pinching to seal edges. This is the tricky part - the more toppings you use, the harder it gets to tuck them all within the dough! (fyi: pepperoni and cheese or ham and pineapple are much easier, as you can imagine.) Now place seam side down in a lightly greased casserole dish or glass baking dish. Brush with melted butter (I used spray butter) and sprinkle with garlic salt. (I used Lawry's garlic salt with parsley.) Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until rolls are light brown. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment