Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16yKEAhxq

05 June 2010

Choc.Chip Pancake Bites

Recipe Source: bakerella on thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen

Here's another kid-friendly recipe that I tried in the absence of dad.  The first time I tried these didn't actually go very well.  I KNEW I had a bag of mini-chocolate chips, so I didn't add them to my grocery list.  Mysteriously, I could not find the bag anywhere when I began making these on the appointed night.  Frustrating!  What I did have was a bag of mini m&ms.  So I tried those....bad idea!!  Once I stirred them into the batter, the colors all bled together, and the batter turned a muddy swirl color.  Then while baking, the m&ms all sunk to the bottom and stayed in the bottom of the pan when I took the pancake bites out.  So, DON'T follow my bad example and be sure to use mini chocolate chips for this recipe!  The original recipe calls for regular milk chocolate chips, so those would work, too.

These were a big hit at our house. (More so the second time around.)  The recipe says to use maple syrup for dipping, but we loved ours dipped in strawberry yogurt.  The strawberry and chocolate go really well together!  The first time around we had these with strawberry yogurt fruit salad.  The second time we had them with peanut butter maple granola over vanilla yogurt and bananas.  (I'll share the granola recipe soon.  It is SO good!!)


1 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
¼ teaspoons Salt
2 Tablespoons Sugar
⅔ cups Buttermilk (You can make your own buttermilk by putting 2 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice in a measuring cup. Add enough skim milk to make 2/3 cup. Let sit for 5 minutes.)
1 whole Egg
2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup (I bet you could substitute pancake syrup, but I haven't tried it.)
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
½ cups Mini Chocolate Chips
More Maple Syrup or Strawberry yogurt For Dipping

 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk. In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the top of muffins before placing in the oven.

Bake for 8-9 minutes.

Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.

Serve immediately with more warmed butter if you like and/or a small bowl of maple syrup for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. These look really delicious! Gonna have to try these for sure!

    ReplyDelete