Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16yKEAhxq

23 February 2010

Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers

Recipe Source: sarainthekitchen.blogspot.com and Allrecipes

I realize some of you may be apprehensive about turkey burgers, but let me assure you, these are so good!  Even the boys cheered when they found out we were having these last night.  And the burgers are not the same without the sauce, so if you make these, don't skip the sauce!!

1.5 lbs ground turkey (do NOT get 99% fat free, 93% and below is fine)
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp chopped onion (I used green onion, but both work)
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tbsp fresh parsley (I substituted dry parsley)
1 clove garlic, minced (I substited garlic powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 apple cut into thin slices
Sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup grainy mustard (I used regular old yellow mustard)
Hamburger buns
Lettuce and tomato slices

Combine turkey, bread crumbs, onion, egg, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Form into patties. (I got eight out of this amount.)  In a large skillet (The first time I made these, I used the skillet.  The second time I used a grill pan, and both worked great.), heat the oil, then add patties and cook for 6 min. on each side, then top each with 3 slices apple and 2 slices cheese. Tent foil over the skillet and cook 1-2 min. longer until cheese melts. Mix cranberry sauce and mustard together and slather onto tops of rolls. Pile with lettuce, bacon (if desired), and patties and replace bottoms of rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment